“THOSE WHO DEFINE THIS CRISIS AS HELL WILL FEEL AS THOUGH THEY ARE LIVING IN HELL; THOSE WHO DEFINE THIS CRISIS AS A TIME FOR HEALING WILL LIVE AND FEEL THE HEALING.”
Positive Perspectives of COVID-19
FIRST, let’s look at some of the positive perspectives of COVID-19 that I’ve seen in the past 2 months. They may not apply to all of you, yet they are still worth considering.
- People are discovering true downtime with themselves and loved ones like never before.
- Some feel that the fact that they don’t have to show up in person for work, running from meeting to meeting, and instead working online from home, are finding it extremely relaxing and even healing.
- Amongst my clients they are feeling “more peaceful then I’ve ever felt,” when they practice their skills (and yes, despite the virus raging outside of their door.)
- Many people are turning within, meditating more than ever before or for the first time. They’re rather shocked at how the overall state of their bodies feel calmer.
- How many of us have ever needed to truly surrender (give up control) and stop swimming up the river of life for a few weeks?
- Be aware of what you may find/hear/feel when you come to a standstill and how would you like to capture those sensations?
- Did the Universe know we needed a huge STOP sign dropped in front of us to SLOW DOWN our lives? Would we ever have listened otherwise?
- How many of us have said for years, “I just need a break from the rat race!”
- How many of us would have given just about anything to avoid traffic for a month?
- Who would have thought that something as lethal as COVID-19 could help congested cities around the world to see that the sky is really blue over their heads and not vehicle-exhaust grey?
- How much bluer is the sky now in whichever city you may live?
- People are seeing stars in the night sky that they’ve never seen before!
- Do you notice a difference in cleaner air and when you take a deep breath outside?
Self-care, Soul-care, Earth-care Lessons
- Can you imagine that many war-torn countries have lived like this for YEARS? Terrified to go outside of their homes with a daily fear of death.
- Can we ever be grateful enough for the general peace that we do have?
- Could nature and the environment have ever received such a healing embrace all at once around the globe?
- Could anything less catastrophic have offered these extremely positive changes to our ailing earth?
- Will we not be forever changed by some of the self-care, soul-care, earth-care lessons we are learning during this period of COVID-19?
Focus on the Good
Am I seeing it all through rose-colored glasses? Or am I just choosing to focus on the good? Yes, we can make the choice.